Why should I upload stamping request? What are the advantages?
“Uploading stamping requests” helps save your input time and cost. You can obtain the following benefits from it:
(1) You can prepare stamping requests off-line without connecting to Internet.
(2) You need not key in stamping request data screen by screen. The data can be uploaded quickly. Please refer to the answer in Q11.
(3) If you have a database recording the details of the property transfer instrument or lease instrument, you can extract stamping request data directly from your database records and there is no need to key in stamping request on screen.
(4) Since you have the stamping request data file, the input data will not go astray in case there is a system failure.
(1) Create stamping request data file and save it in XML file format. Please refer to the answer in Q6.
(2) Log-on to e-Stamping service through IRD website (www.ird.gov.hk).
(3) Click “Uploading Stamping Requests” in the menu page.
(4) Enter the name of the data file to be uploaded and click [Upload]. The stamping request data in the file will then be uploaded to the e-Stamping system. Information will be displayed when the uploading is in progress or has completed.
Do I have to install something to my computer before I can upload stamping requests?
(1) If the stamping data is recorded in a database and you know how to extract the data to produce a data file in XML file format, it is not necessary to install anything. You can simply follow the Data Specification to extract data from the database and create the XML file yourself.
What should I do if there is not enough temporarily saved record space for uploading?
Submit some previously saved/uploaded records or delete some unused records from the save record list. You may retrieve the saved record list by the [Retrieve Records] button at the acknowledgement screen on completion of uploading or at the first input screen for “Initial Stamping of Agreement/ Assignment” function or "Tenancy Agreement" function.
How much time does it need to upload a stamping request data file?
The time will vary depending on the computer hardware, bandwidth of the Internet connection and the number of stamping records in the upload data file. In normal circumstances, it takes about 1 minute to upload a data file with a few records. If the file has full 50 stamping records, it takes 5 to 7 minutes.
Is the uploaded stamping request formally submitted after the uploading is completed?
No, the uploaded stamping request will not be regarded as a submitted request. As per the stamping request manually saved by you in the e-Stamping System, it will also be saved temporarily for subsequent submission.
Under what circumstances will a record in the upload stamping request data file be rejected?
A stamping record in the data file will be rejected only if it does not have property address. If the record has other errors, rejection messages will be displayed on the relevant input screen when it is retrieved for submission.
Under what circumstances will an upload stamping request data file be completely rejected?
(1) Where the upload data file is not in XML file format.
(2) When the temporarily saved record space (Total number available is 60) has been used up. (Note: If the remaining temporarily record space is 20 and the upload data file has 30 records, the first 20 records in the file will be accepted. The remaining 10 records will be rejected for insufficient space.)
What is the use of the Upload Data Preparation Template?
The Upload Data Preparation Template is a tool to assist you to prepare stamping request data file for uploading. It is in fact a worksheet. Please refer to the answer in Q6 for creating upload file by the Upload Data Preparation Template.
What is the difference between the “Common Details” worksheet and the “Stamping Details” worksheet in the Upload Data Preparation Template?
The “Stamping Details” worksheet is used to house the data of each stamping request whereas the “Common Details” worksheet is for input of common data applicable to every stamping request in the upload data file. When information is entered in the “Common Details” worksheet, for example the name of building, the name will automatically be created for every record in the data file. It helps save the input time for data common to every record.
What is to be noted when data is inputted to the “Common Details” worksheet?
If data has been inputted to the “Common Details” worksheet, the inputted data will appear in all the 50 records in the “Stamping Details” worksheet. Where not all the 50 records are used, all the input cells of the 1st unused data have to be amended to blank. (E.g. If data has been inputted to “Common Details” worksheet and there are only 30 records to be uploaded in the “Stamping Details” worksheet, erase all the data automatically added to the 31st record. The uploading will stop when 1st empty record is found, i.e. after uploading the 30th record.)