The Chinese version of the following Stamp Office Interpretation and Practice Notes has been issued:
(1) The Stamp Office Interpretation and Practice Notes No. 1 (Revised) – Stamping of Agreements for Sale and Purchase of Immovable Property
(2) The Stamp Office Interpretation and Practice Notes No. 5 (Revised) – Special Stamp Duty
(3) The Stamp Office Interpretation and Practice Notes No. 7 – Buyer’s Stamp Duty
(4) The Stamp Office Interpretation and Practice Notes No. 8 – Ad Valorem Stamp Duty (“SOIPN 8”)
Besides, the English version of SOIPN 8 has also been amended as follows to rectify the typos –
(1) The second paragraph of Scenario 28 (page 33) - to amend “Mr B” to “Ms B” and “him” to “her”.
(2) Paragraphs 70 and 71 – to amend “residential property” to “immovable property”
The Inland Revenue Department has achieved all the targets, and exceeded many, in its performance pledges in 2014/15. The Performance Pledge Annual Report 2014/15 has been uploaded to the Department’s website.
For business registration certificates and branch registration certificates commencing on or after 1 April 2015, the amounts of prescribed business registration fee and prescribed branch registration fee remain at $2,000 and $73 respectively. Please refer to the business registration fee & levy table for details of the total amount payable under a certificate. Prescribed business registration fees and prescribed branch registration fees are not waived for the year 2015/16.