Notes on Payment by e-Cheque / e-Cashier Order
Please note the following when making payments by e-Cheque / e-Cashier Order.
- You may now purchase Tax Reserve Certificates or settle the following tax bills by drawing an e-Cheque / e-Cashier Order for making payment online:-
- Salaries / Profits / Property tax
- Tax charged under personal assessment
- Business registration fees
- e-Stamping payment
- Court fees
- Interest on judgment debts
- You have to visit the “Pay e-Cheque” portal and select Inland Revenue Department and the appropriate bill type, enter the bill information and upload e-Cheque to make payment.
- The e-Cheque / e-Cashier Order should be made payable to “The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region” or “The Government of the HKSAR” and be denominated in Hong Kong dollars. Post-dated or expired e-Cheque will not be accepted. An e-Cheque is regarded as expired if it is issued more than 6 months ago.
- Payment of multiple tax bills using a single e-Cheque / e-Cashier Order is acceptable. The relevant tax bills must be of the same bill type and the maximum number of bills allowed is 10.
- e-Cheque / e-Cashier Order received on or before 5:00 p.m. on Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays) will be transferred to the bank for presentment on the same day. Any e-Cheque / e-Cashier Order payment collected after 5:00 p.m. will be processed on the next business day.
- Your payment will only be considered valid when your e-Cheque / e-Cashier Order is honoured on the first presentation to the drawer bank. Duplicate presentation of the same e-Cheque is not allowed.
- E-receipts are issued through eTAX Accounts to taxpayers for payments by e-Cheque / e-Cashier Order (except for Profits Tax for corporations and partnership businesses, and Property Tax for jointly owned properties). Receipts in paper form will not be issued.
More information on electronic receipts