Notes on Payment by e-Cheque / e-Cashier Order
Please note the following when making payments by e-Cheque / e-Cashier Order.
- You may now purchase Tax Reserve Certificates or settle the following tax bills by drawing an e-Cheque / e-Cashier Order for making payment online:-
- Salaries / Profits / Property tax
- Tax charged under personal assessment
- Business registration fees
- e-Stamping payment
- Court fees
- Interest on judgment debts
- You have to visit the “Pay e-Cheque” portal and select Inland Revenue Department and the appropriate bill type, enter the bill information and upload e-Cheque to make payment.
- The e-Cheque / e-Cashier Order should be made payable to “The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region” or “The Government of the HKSAR” and be denominated in Hong Kong dollars. Post-dated or expired e-Cheque will not be accepted. An e-Cheque is regarded as expired if it is issued more than 6 months ago.
- Payment of multiple tax bills using a single e-Cheque / e-Cashier Order is acceptable. The relevant tax bills must be of the same bill type and the maximum number of bills allowed is 10.
- e-Cheque / e-Cashier Order received on or before 5:00 p.m. on Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays) will be transferred to the bank for presentment on the same day. Any e-Cheque / e-Cashier Order payment collected after 5:00 p.m. will be processed on the next business day.
- Your payment will only be considered valid when your e-Cheque / e-Cashier Order is honoured on the first presentation to the drawer bank. Duplicate presentation of the same e-Cheque is not allowed.
- E-receipts are issued through eTAX Accounts to taxpayers for payments by e-Cheque / e-Cashier Order (except for Profits Tax for corporations and partnership businesses, and Property Tax for jointly owned properties). Receipts in paper form will not be issued.