Notification of Change of Business Registration Particulars
- One-stop notification of change of company particulars
- Notification of commencement of business and change of business particulars
- Change of business address
- Change of business name
- Admission or retirement of partners (not applicable to limited partnership fund)
- Change of general partner in a limited partnership fund
- Change in nature of business
- Submission of Notification
- Performance Pledge
- Failure to submit notification on time
Companies are no longer required to notify the Commissioner separately of changes of the following particulars:
For local companies
- company name
- address of registered office
For registered non-Hong Kong companies
- corporate name
- address of principal place of business in Hong Kong
- name and address of the authorized representative
After the related notice or return of changes of these company particulars is registered or recorded under the Companies Ordinance (Cap. 622), the Registrar of Companies will transmit such particulars to the Commissioner.
All newly incorporated local companies registered under the one-stop company and business registration service are required to notify the Commissioner in writing of the business particulars within one month of the date of commencement of their business. The business particulars concerned cover business name, description and nature of business, business address and date of the commencement of business. The relevant notifications can be made by letter or by completing a standard form IRBR200.
A limited partnership fund which has not yet commenced business at the time of registration must also notify the Commissioner and furnish the relevant business particulars, including description and nature of business, business address and date of the commencement of business in writing within 1 month from the date of commencement of business. The relevant notifications can be made by letter or by completing a standard form IRBR200A.
Besides, all companies and limited partnership funds are required to notify the Commissioner in writing of any change of the above business particulars within one month of the change. To facilitate notification, companies can use the relevant standard forms which can be downloaded from the IRD's website (www.ird.gov.hk) or obtained via Fax-A-Form service (2598 6001).
- If your business address has changed, you should notify the Business Registration Office in writing within 1 month of the change. In your notification, you should state your business registration number, business name, old and new business address and the date of change. Alternatively, you may furnish the details on the form IRC 3111A. You may be required to provide address proof like copy of tenancy agreement or recent utility bill for verification.
- The Companies Registry and the IRD jointly introduced an OPTIONAL ELECTRONIC one-stop notification service at the e-Registry of the Companies Registry on 20 February 2012. This new service allows a company to change its registered office address and business address in one go. Please refer to Q23, Q24 and Q25 of "FAQ - One-stop Company and Business Registration and One-stop Notification of Change of Business Particulars" for details.
- If you have changed your business name, you should notify the Business Registration Office within 1 month of the change. The business registration number, original and new business name, business address and the date of change should be clearly stated.
Alternatively, you may furnish the details on the form IRC 3110A.
For local companies or registered non-Hong Kong companies registered under of the Companies Ordinance, please refer to One-stop Company and Business Registration.
- The Business Registration Office must be notified of any admission or retirement of partners within 1 month of such change. A form IRBR 64 should be completed and signed by the incoming or retiring partners, and all the existing partners. Photocopies of identity cards / passport / Business Registration Certificates (in the case of corporate partners) of incoming partners should also be submitted.
- If the change would result in a change of the business status from sole-proprietorship to partnership or vice versa, an amended business registration certificate will be issued after recording the changes.
- If the general partner of a limited partnership fund has changed, the fund should notify the Business Registration Office within 1 month of the change. The business registration number, name, business address of the fund, the particulars of the old and new general partner (including their names, Hong Kong identity card number/passport number/business registration number, residential address/registered office address) and the date of change should be clearly stated.
- Photocopies of identity card / passport / Business Registration Certificates (in the case of company/limited partnership fund/limited partnership) of the new general partner should be submitted.
- Alternatively, you may furnish the details on the form IRBR 64A.
- You should notify the Business Registration Office in writing of any change in the nature of your business within 1 month of the change. The business registration number, name, address, details and date of the change should be stated. Alternatively, you may furnish the details on the form IRBR 193.
- You can either submit the notifications of change in person or by post. In order to ensure the authenticity of the notifications received, we regret that submission by facsimile transmission is not acceptable.
- The amended certificate will be issued to you instantly or by post depending on your mode of submission.
- Please refer to Purpose of Business Register and Privacy of Personal Data.
The processing time for updating change of business registration particulars are as follows:
||-||updated within 30 minutes of receipt of notification of change and full information.|
||-||updated within 5 working days upon receipt of notification and full information.|
- Any person who fails to submit notification shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable to a fine of $5,000 and to imprisonment for 1 year.