The following types of income are chargeable to Salaries Tax and should be reported by the employer :
- Salaries, wages, leave pay, directors fee, commission, bonus.
(item 11(a) to (e) of IR56B)
- Payment in lieu of notice accrued on or after 1 April 2012.
(item 12(f) of IR56F and item 11(f) of IR56G)
- Back pay, end-of contract/other gratuities, ex-gratia payments, terminal awards. (item 11(f) of IR56B)
- Certain payments from Retirement Schemes. (item 11(g) of IR56B)
- Salaries Tax paid by employer. (item 11(h) of IR56B)
- Education benefits. (item 11(i) of IR56B)
- Gain realized under share option scheme. (item 11(j) of IR56B)
- Tips paid by customers (item 11 (k) of IR56B)
- Holiday Journey Benefits. ( item 11(k) of IR56B)
- Pension (item 11 (l) of IR56B)
If the employee retired on 30.11.2018 and received pension afterwards – report on his IR56B
- salaries from 1.4.2018 to 30.11.2018 under item 11 (a), and
- pension from 1.12.2018 to 31.3.2019 under item 11 (l).
- The provision of a place of residence to the employee. (item 12 of IR56B)
- Income received by the employee from a non-Hong Kong company, whether paid in Hong Kong or elsewhere. (item 11 and item 13 of IR56B)